Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dirty Money

Okay, I realize I have a touch of obsessive-compulsiveness (who doesn't), but one thing I really can't stand is money. I recently had to count up the proceeds from our school carnival. The thought of touching 1000's of bills and coins made me cringe. I detest how dirty my hands get after handling cash. I can actually feel the germs crawling on my skin. We all know that money is filthy. After all, who hasn't witnessed someone leave the bathroom without washing their hands, to not only touch their cart handle (that's another story) but their cash as well. So, to deal with this phobia (let's call it what it is) I had my kids count the coins, and my wonderful husband counted the bills. (Don't worry, I had them wash thoroughly after they finished.) Thank goodness, one crisis averted. But, it isn't only the feel of money that grosses me out, it's the smell. One whiff of cash, new or old, makes me queasy. This is probably why I hardly ever have any cash on me. Does this happen to anyone else, or should I increase my medication?

4 comments:

Kristine said...

If you ever have any cash you don't want, you just send it my way. I'd rather handle money than change a diaper (although I wash my hands after both).

Cathy said...

Yes, but Kris, I have seen people change their kids in public and not wash their hands either. Just thinking about it makes me sick.

Jess said...

Oh Cathy, I can so relate. I was a teller for years in a bank that held the payroll account of a meat packing plant. I have smelled funky money you can only imagine. You are so correct to be ocd about it!

Rick said...

I love the smell of cash. Washing hands is for sissies.