Thursday, December 11, 2008

What I wish I had said

I think there must be some kind of genetic trait that causes people to ask me the same three questions every time they hear I have six kids. I always just smile and make a polite remark, but I am thinking something totally different. Here are a few examples, in the order that I am most frequently asked these three questions.

1. Do you home school? I just smile and say no. But, I am thinking....
Are you crazy, public school is the only thing that keeps me sane.

2. Are those all yours? I just smile and say yes. But, I am thinking....
No, I gather them up in the parking lot on the way in.

3. Are you planing to have more? I just smile and say I don't know. But, I am thinking....
As if that's any of your business! Someone has to provide the workers to keep social security afloat, since you are obviously slacking off.

4 comments:

Jess said...

LOL!!!! That is so true.

Why is it that people feel like they can get so personal with moms of large families?

Thanks for the chuckle.

Leslie said...

Yeah! Only your Visiting teachers can ask questions like that!:)

Cathy said...

You're right Leslie :)

Robin said...

Seriously! Homeschooling is CRAZY! I can hardly handle having all my kids at home for the weekend (ah, the kicking, biting, and name calling - and that's me, just kidding). Why is teaching the only profession people feel they dont need to go to college for? Hmmm... an MD without any Med school, would YOU want to go there?