Saturday, September 13, 2008
Eat First
This morning I thought I would make a special breakfast because Mary had a friend over. So I turned on the oven and whipped out the frying pan. I was pulling out the cheese grater to grate some cheese for the scrambled eggs when I cut myself. So, while Catie started dishing up the food, I went in search of a band-aid. Now, you wouldn't think with the amount of money I have spent on bandages that this would be a long search, you would be wrong. I pulled out the first aid box and the only thing in it were little dot band-aids, no good for a finger tip. So, I had to go to the laundry room and get the back up first aid box (yes, we have a back up box). I finally found a band aid just right for my now bloody fingertip and returned to the kitchen for some breakfast. I stood with my stomach growling looking at one sad, shrivelled sausage. I grabbed it! That's right. There was no food left for mom. I suppose I should have let my finger drip blood while I loaded myself a plate to ensure I would have some food. Apparently, 15 eggs, 10 sausages and 24 french toast sticks, just isn't enough food for seven kids and two adults.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow! Cooking is dangerous! They could have at least saved you a little french toast for all your troubles. :)
Post a Comment