One of my goals for the new year is to send each of my family members a card for their birthday. This is a repeating goal for me, which usually means everyone with birthdays in the first quarter of the year gets a card, the next quarter is hit or miss, the third quarter is just my dad, Allan and Mary, and by the fourth quarter no one gets a card and I plan to start fresh with January :) In order for me to keep up with this goal, I have decided a secondary goal needs to be to make more cards. So, here are two cards I have made so far this year. In church on Sunday we sat behind a family with a little girl who was wearing a black houndstooth dress with pink flower buttons down the front. That was my inspiration for this card design. As you see I did one in black and pink, and the other in brown and blue.Friday, January 6, 2012
Houndstooth Cards
One of my goals for the new year is to send each of my family members a card for their birthday. This is a repeating goal for me, which usually means everyone with birthdays in the first quarter of the year gets a card, the next quarter is hit or miss, the third quarter is just my dad, Allan and Mary, and by the fourth quarter no one gets a card and I plan to start fresh with January :) In order for me to keep up with this goal, I have decided a secondary goal needs to be to make more cards. So, here are two cards I have made so far this year. In church on Sunday we sat behind a family with a little girl who was wearing a black houndstooth dress with pink flower buttons down the front. That was my inspiration for this card design. As you see I did one in black and pink, and the other in brown and blue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I love the houndstooth! I got a retired SU! houndstooth background stamp off ebay. Is yours printed, or stamped?
I have a houndstooth embossing folder. So, I embossed white card stock and then used my ink roller to roll black and brown ink over the raised design. This way I can use the same ink to stamp my image and everything coordinates perfectly.
Post a Comment