Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Brotherly Love

A morning conversation with Ben.



Ben comes down stairs with some pants.



Ben: "Are these pants clean?"

Mom (aka me): "I don't know, where did you get them from?"

Ben: "They were on the floor."

Mom: "Well, then they are probably dirty."

Ben: "No, 'cause I keep my clean pants on the floor too."

Mom: "So, you have your dirty and clean clothes on your floor?"

Ben: "Yeah, so are these clean?"

Mom: "I don't know, smell them."

Ben: "I don't want to smell them, what if they stink? You smell them."

Mom: "Ben, there isn't enough motherly love in the world to get me to smell those pants."

Ben: "Hunh"



Ben goes back upstairs. He later returns wearing the pants.



Mom: "So, you smelled the pants and they were clean."

Ben: "No."

Mom: "So you put on a pair of pants not knowing if they were clean or dirty?"

Ben: "No."

Mom: "Okay, I don't understand. Are those pants clean?"

Ben: "Yes."

Mom: "How do you know if you didn't smell them?"

Ben: "Jeremy smelled them and said they were okay."

Mom: "So, you got Jeremy to smell your pants for you?"

Ben: "Yeah, I guess there was enough brotherly love to smell pants."



Lol. Of course you'll notice Jeremy didn't tell Ben the pants were clean, just that they were okay. Having spent time in the boys room I can say that their olfactory senses don't work the same as mine and what Jeremy might call "okay" I might call dirty. So, at the end of the day, Ben's pants were dirty, whether they started the day that way or not I'll never know. :)

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

that is hilarious! I love that he thought of the Brotherly love thing based on your comment about Motherly love!!

Allan said...

Eww! The idea of the boys sniffing each other's pants kind of grosses me out since I suspect that they were actually dirty.

Robin said...

ROFL- I couldn't help but laugh at this one. Sounds like my boys. They keep their clean and dirty clothes on the floor too.